Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A Spring Visit

Library of Congress:  Leaving a Methodist Church Service on Easter in 1943, St. Augustine Texas




I have not been on the computer very much over the last couple of months. My Internet has been unpredictable.

Very soon we will have lush green landscapes and many sunny days here in Northern Vermont.  Spring is always cheerful. It is something to look forward to.

We attended a lovely Easter service this past weekend.  The sanctuary was packed and the sermon was encouraging.

I have not been writing much, due to exhaustion, but hope to get back to it soon.

I hope all is well in your homes.

Blessings
Mrs. White


From the Archives -

Lessons from Mother - A Home Without Clutter.

You Can Do it!  - Housekeeping with a Will.

A Lesson in Home Economics - Feeding the Family.







Find Home-keeping Inspiration, in Mrs.White's book -Mother's Book of Home Economics .  Paperback, 312 pages.










An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email. 






10 comments:

becky said...

So nice to hear from you! Hoping you will gain some energy as the sun warms our days more and more!
Praying,
Becky

Anonymous said...

You are a gifted writer and I miss your posts very much! I hope you feel better soon!

Amelia said...

I just love the old photo you posted, I will have to look up where Augustine Texas is, how neat. : )

Praying strength for you, both inner and outer strength, coupled with joy and peace.

So glad to see a little post from you, thinking of you.

Love, Amelia

Mrs. M. said...

Awww...so nice to receive this lovely photo! I sure have missed your encouraging posts. I hope you feel better soon!

Jennifer said...

I just love housekeeping blogs!!!! I can’t wait to go back and read all your archives!!!! There aren’t very many out there (blogs)that mainly focuses on Home keeping like yours - Glad I found you!!! Thanks!

Deanna said...

God bless you. I really like the clothing in this picture. Reminds me of Easters in my past. I was thinking about your blog waiting for your next post. Glad to see one up and going.
May you regain your strength,
d

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I understand exhaustion. I finished my radiation at the beginning of March, and I'm rebuilding my endurance. It left me quite fatigued.
May God bless you and strengthen you to do what He has called you to do.
Hug,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Cathy said...

I hope you will be feeling better soon and will write up some nice posts for us to enjoy. Your posts extend such peace, practical peace especially. We are having so much green in the south. But I have traveled to Vermont several times and I know when spring finally comes the green stays and it is beautiful!

Lisa Beth W. said...

Love the photo you posted--so interesting to see a picture from the year my parents were born. I like the hats on the men in particular. :)

May God bless you and strengthen you, dear Mrs. White. Thanks for the little posting to let us know how things are.

Regina said...

It's so good to hear from you dear sister! I'll pray for you to have relief from your exhaustion.